2011. október 22., szombat

Video grammar

In this activity I used a video which is a meme in my country. It is a re-dubbed version of a cartoonized folk tale. Although it contains strong language at places I would use it for its popularity. 
Learners are to watch the video and write sentences with two PAST CONTINUOUS structures, also provide tha point of the video when the scene appears. 
E.g. 3:05-3:08 While József was cooking the bauxite soup, Babi néni was licking her lips.
It also occurred to me that students might try and explain in English why the video is so popular in Hungary, I find it a very authentic task (mediation). They can do it collaboratively in comments. These comment threads provide basis for editing a piece of writing, comments can  be linked with a focus on cohesion and coherence.
Group members may find similar videos for the same purpose according to their own preferences.



http://youtu.be/RXg-2Us3NRY

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése